Gift Voucher Scheme
Lightyear Europe AS (Lightyear) is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority under activity license number 4.1-1/31, who administers this gift voucher scheme (Scheme) through the Lightyear App available on both Android and iOS. Lightyear is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office Tallinn, Niine 11, 10414, Estonia.
- Lightyear’s gift voucher Scheme applies to Eurozone* residents that have received a gift voucher from Lightyear (Voucher) and meet requirements set out in this Scheme and Lightyear’s Terms of Service. This Scheme applies from 30.06.2022.
- The Voucher shall grant an eligible Voucher holder a fractional share of the financial instrument (Fractional Share) indicated on the Voucher. If the Voucher does not specify the Fractional Share, the Voucher holders can choose the Fractional Share themselves. Each Voucher shall be worth the sum in EUR as indicated on the Voucher, which shall be converted into USD to receive the Fractional Share.
- The Voucher can be redeemed only by a customer that meets all the following requirements:
- customer is a resident of a country in the Eurozone* as stipulated in section 1;
- customer successfully finishes the full onboarding process;
- customer has not redeemed any other promo codes, vouchers in the Lightyear App (this requirement does not apply in respect to Lightyear’s friend referral scheme and Vouchers handed out during sTARTUp Day 2022);
- customer redeems the Voucher before the date as specified on the Voucher.
- After redeeming the Voucher in the Lightyear App, Lightyear shall place a market order on behalf of the customer to buy the Fractional Share indicated on the Voucher. The customer is not required to deposit any funds to receive the Fractional Share.
- If the Voucher is redeemed at a time where the market, in which the Fractional Share is tradable, is closed, the Fractional Share shall be made available to the customer once the market opens and the order is filled.
- The Voucher cannot be redeemed by customers that are in the waitlist and don’t have full access to the App. Such customers can redeem the Voucher once they gain access to all the functionalities of the App.
- By redeeming the Voucher, the customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Lightyear does not provide any investment advice or recommendations by making the Voucher available to the customer.
- The Voucher shall grant the customer a right to receive a Fractional Share in the monetary amount as specified in section 2 but the customer is not entitled to any specific amount of Fractional Shares. Amount of Fractional Shares received by the customer will depend on the market price at the time of filling the order.
- Standard Lightyear fees apply to the Voucher. This means that 0.35% currency conversion fee is deducted from the Voucher credit while converting it to USD, to make the Fractional Share order. For more details on pricing, please refer to Terms of Service and here: https://golightyear.com/eu/pricing.
- If Lightyear identifies abusive behaviour aimed to take advantage of this Scheme contrary to the Scheme’s purposes, Lightyear may disqualify such customers at any time from participation in the Scheme. If your Scheme has been deactivated due to abusive behaviour in the past, it will not be reactivated. The customer may not share the Voucher code with anyone else.
- We reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Scheme at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to disqualify any customer at any time from participation in the Scheme if they do not comply with any terms within this Scheme.
- The entire value of shares when sold may be subject to capital gains tax. You can check the value of each share when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen in the App.
- Any tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek professional advice from a tax professional.
- The Eurozone consists of Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain.
Download the app and start investing now
The provider of investment services is Lightyear Europe AS. Please read the terms before using our services and if necessary, seek qualified advice.
Lightyear Europe AS is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority (Finantsinspektsioon) under activity licence number 4.1-1/31.
Lightyear Europe is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office at Volta 1, Tallinn 10412, Estonia.