Gift Voucher Scheme
Lightyear Europe AS (Lightyear) is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority under activity license number 4.1-1/31, who administers this gift voucher scheme (Scheme) through the Lightyear App available on both Android and iOS. Lightyear is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office Tallinn, Volta 1, 10412, Estonia.
- Lightyear’s gift voucher Scheme applies to residents that reside in a country where Lightyear Services are available in, and have received a gift voucher from Lightyear (Voucher) and meet requirements set out in this Scheme and Lightyear’s Terms of Service.
- The Voucher shall grant an eligible Voucher holder a gift (Gift). The nature and criteria of each specific Gift shall be specified on the Voucher or via marketing materials. The Gift can be of concrete monetary value (such as a specific sum worth of fractional shares) or a certain benefit (such as a certain feature in the App or a temporary change in our pricing).
- If the Gift is a fractional share of the financial instrument (Fractional Share), it is indicated as such on the Voucher. If the Voucher does not specify the Fractional Share, the Voucher holders can choose the Fractional Share themselves. Each Voucher shall be worth the sum in EUR as indicated on the Voucher, which shall be converted into USD to receive the Fractional Share. In that case, the following terms also apply:
- After redeeming the Fractional Share in the Lightyear App, Lightyear shall place a market order on behalf of the customer to buy the Fractional Share indicated on the Voucher;
- If the Fractional Share is redeemed at a time where the market, in which the Fractional Share is tradable, is closed, the Fractional Share shall be made available to the customer once the market opens and the order is filled.
- The Voucher can be redeemed only by a customer that meets all the following requirements:
- customer is a resident of a country where Lightyear Services are available as stipulated in section 1;
- customer successfully finishes the full onboarding process;
- customer redeems the Voucher before the date as specified on the Voucher.
- The Voucher may also stipulate additional requirements that are made available either on the Voucher or in-App before claiming the Gift, such as for example restrictions based on the time of customer's account creation.
- The Voucher cannot be redeemed by customers that are in the waitlist and don’t have full access to the App. Such customers can redeem the Voucher once they gain access to all the functionalities of the App.
- By redeeming the Voucher, the customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Lightyear does not provide any investment advice or recommendations by making the Voucher available to the customer.
- If the Voucher grants a Gift that is a Fractional Share in the monetary amount, the customer is not entitled to any specific amount of Fractional Shares. Amount of Fractional Shares received by the customer will depend on the market price at the time of filling the order.
- Standard Lightyear fees apply to the Voucher. For more details on pricing, please refer to Terms of Service and here: https://golightyear.com/eu/pricing.
- If Lightyear identifies abusive behaviour aimed to take advantage of this Scheme contrary to the Scheme’s purposes, Lightyear may disqualify such customers at any time from participation in the Scheme. If your Scheme has been deactivated due to abusive behaviour in the past, it will not be reactivated. The customer may not share the Voucher code with anyone else.
- We reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Scheme at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to disqualify any customer at any time from participation in the Scheme if they do not comply with any terms within this Scheme.
- The entire value of shares when sold may be subject to capital gains tax. You can check the value of each share when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen in the App.
- Any tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek professional advice from a tax professional.
Download the app and start investing now
European / English
Need some help?
The provider of investment services is Lightyear Europe AS. Please read the terms before using our services and if necessary, seek qualified advice.
Lightyear Europe AS is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority (Finantsinspektsioon) under activity licence number 4.1-1/31.
Lightyear Europe is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office at Volta 1, Tallinn 10412, Estonia.