What's your issue about?
Deposits, conversions & withdrawals
Managing my Lightyear account
Promotions & referrals
Trading & investments
What is Lightyear?
Lightyear is a simple and approachable way to invest your money globally without unnecessary barriers or fees. We make investing approachable with a simple and easy to use app.
What problems are you solving?
- Expensive and opaque fee structures: Traditional players often have hidden and high cost fees
- Limited access to markets: Local brokers often offer bad access to global markets
- Limited information and education: Typically lacking or hard to understand
We’re at the beginning of our journey and haven’t solved the entire problem just yet, but believe that we’re already Lightyears ahead of the incumbents.
What do you offer?
We give you access to:
- A multi-currency account to deposit, hold and convert across three different currencies. Find out more by reading the “How does your multi-currency account work?” article here.
- Access to over 3000 global stocks and ETFs. This list is continually growing.
Our mission does not stop there as we also believe in helping you become a better investor. To do this, we’re building bespoke tools that are tailored to your needs, no matter if you’re at the beginning of your investment journey or a seasoned expert.
In the app you’ll find:
- Custom charts
- Instrument fundamentals
- Analyst ratings & price targets
- Financials, news and more
We’re passionate about continuously evolving and ensuring you have the best tools available at your fingertips. Our services vary depending on where you are based. To find out exactly what you’ll have access to, check out our offered services article.
How much does it cost?
Visit our “Fees and taxes” article for more on the cost of using Lightyear.
Fees and taxes
Our approach to fees is simple. We believe in:
- Radical transparency: We’ll always be upfront with any associated charges
- Honest pricing: Our fees are a combination of covering the costs associated with the service plus a small amount on top that we can reinvest to improve the business
Financial Transaction Tax A financial transaction tax (FTT) is when a percentage of the asset's value is paid in taxes when traded. FTTs usually apply only to select financial instruments and often have varying tax rates depending on the asset type.
Stamp duty Stamp duty is the tax governments place on legal documents, usually in the transfer of assets or property.
These taxes apply to anyone who is trading the applicable asset, irrespective of if you are a tax resident of that jurisdiction or not.
What services do you offer and who is eligible?
You have to be 18+ and an eligible person currently residing in the United Kingdom or select European countries to use our service today. We’re working hard on increasing this eligibility. Read more about what you’ll need to sign up here.
If you are a tax resident of the United States, unfortunately we can’t offer you our products or services just yet.
Products or services available to you vary depending on where you reside, see the below:
We unfortunately can’t offer you our services If you reside outside of the UK or the above listed EU countries but, fear not, we’re working hard on expanding.
Download the app and start investing now
The provider of investment services is Lightyear Europe AS. Please read the terms before using our services and if necessary, seek qualified advice.
Lightyear Europe AS is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority (Finantsinspektsioon) under activity licence number 4.1-1/31.
Lightyear Europe is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office at Tallinn, Niine 11, 10414, Estonia.