Lightyear Sign-up Promotion Terms
Lightyear Europe AS ("Lightyear") is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority under activity license number 4.1-1/31. Lightyear is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office Tallinn, Niine 11, 10414, Estonia.
- These Terms govern timed sign-up promotions offered by Lightyear or Lightyear's affiliate partners (Affiliates) from time to time. This promotional offer (Offer) is available to anyone who opens a new brokerage account with Lightyear during the Promotional Period.
- To qualify for this Offer, you’ll need to have onboarded, satisfied our onboarding process satisfactorily, have entered your promo code during onboarding or in the Promotions section of your account, and have satisfied the criteria / taken the steps detailed in the Promotions section of your account.
- You must satisfy the Promotion's criteria before the end of the Promotional Period otherwise the Offer will lapse.
- The Offer can be claimed by placing a market order on the Lightyear app to buy the chosen fractional share. This order cannot be cancelled or otherwise modified. If the Offer is redeemed at the time when the market in which the fractional share is tradable, is closed, the Offer shall be made available once the market opens and the order is filled. By redeeming the Offer, the customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Lightyear does not provide any investment advice or recommendations by making the Offer available to the eligible customer.
- The Offer shall grant the eligible customer a right to receive a fractional share in the monetary amount as specified in this section 4 but the customer is not entitled to any specific amount of fractional shares. Amount of fractional shares received by the customer will depend on the market price at the time of filling the order.
- Standard Lightyear fees apply to the Offer. For more details on pricing, please refer to Terms of Service and here: https://golightyear.com/pricing.
- Lightyear reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any promotion if necessary, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise at any time without prior notice. If the Promotion closes early, all qualifying applications received up until this time will be accepted. We reserve the right to disqualify a customer at any time from participation in a Promotion if they do not comply with any of these Terms. This promotional offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- You must not be an employee of Lightyear.
- Signup Promotions are limited to one Promotion per customer who satisfies the requirements outlined in these terms (including referral signup promotions).
- This promotion will be governed by Estonian law and, in participating, you submit to the jurisdiction of the Estonian courts.
- Neither the Promotion or any instrument through the Promotion nor any mentions of particular securities in our communications as part of the Promotion represents a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any particular security.
- It’s in our full discretion to withdraw, remove or vary the Promotion at any time.
- Lightyear does not provide any investment advice and customers should make their own investment decisions or seek independent advice from a professional adviser. Nothing in this promotion represents a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any particular investment.
- You agree to receive marketing and product communications from us. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- The purpose of this Offer is to introduce Lightyear to new customers that wish to actively use the solutions provided by Lightyear. If Lightyear identifies abusive behaviour aimed to take advantage of this Offer contrary to the Offer’s purposes, Lightyear may disqualify such customers at any time from participation in the Offer. If your Offer has been deactivated due to abusive behaviour in the past, it will not be reactivated. If the Offer has already been granted in connection with abusive behaviour, Lightyear may revoke and remove the Offer reward from the customer's account.
- The entire value of the instruments you may buy when sold may be subject to capital gains tax. You can check the value of each instrument when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen in the App.
- Any tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek professional advice from a tax professional.
- If you have any questions regarding this scheme, please email us at email@example.com
Download the app and start investing now
The provider of investment services is Lightyear Europe AS. Please read the terms before using our services and if necessary, seek qualified advice.
Lightyear Europe AS is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority (Finantsinspektsioon) under activity licence number 4.1-1/31.
Lightyear Europe is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office at Tallinn, Niine 11, 10414, Estonia.