Lightyear Sign-up Promotion Terms
Lightyear Financial Ltd (“the Firm”) is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 12925823). Lightyear Financial Ltd is an appointed representative of RiskSave Technologies Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 775330).
Date: Version 4, 16 November 2022
Lightyear Financial Ltd (Lightyear) is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 12925823), with its registered office at 42-46 Princelet Street, E1 5LP, who administer this promotion (Promotion) under these sign-up promotion terms (Terms) through the Lightyear App available on both Android and IOS. Lightyear is an appointed representative of RiskSave Technologies Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 775330).
- These Terms govern timed sign-up promotions offered by Lightyear or Lightyear's affiliate partners (Affiliates) from time to time. This promotional offer (the Offer) is available to anyone who opens a new brokerage account with Lightyear during the Promotional Period.
- To qualify for this Offer, you’ll need to have onboarded, satisfied our onboarding process satisfactorily, have entered your promo code during onboarding or in the Promotions section of your account, and have satisfied the criteria / taken the steps detailed in the Promotions section of your account.
- You must satisfy the Promotion's criteria before the end of the Promotional Period otherwise the Offer will lapse.
- The Offer can be claimed by placing a market order on the Lightyear app to buy the chosen fractional share. This order cannot be cancelled or otherwise modified. If the Offer is redeemed at the time when the market in which the fractional share is tradable, is closed, the Offer shall be made available once the market opens and the order is filled. By redeeming the Offer, the customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Lightyear does not provide any investment advice or recommendations by making the Offer available to the eligible customer.
- The Offer shall grant the eligible customer a right to receive a fractional share in the monetary amount as specified in the specific Offer but the customer is not entitled to any specific amount of fractional shares. Amount of fractional shares received by the customer will depend on the market price at the time of filling the order.
- Standard Lightyear fees apply to the Offer. For more details on pricing, please refer to Terms of Service and here: https://golightyear.com/pricing.
- The Offer can be withdrawed only after 30 days have passed from receiving the Offer in customer's account. If the Offer's fractional stock is sold and/or the money is converted into another currency, the withdrawal restriction shall apply to a sum on the account equal to the Offer’s original value as specified in-App or via marketing materials.
- Lightyear reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any promotion if necessary, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise at any time without prior notice. If the Promotion closes early, all qualifying applications received up until this time will be accepted. We reserve the right to disqualify a customer at any time from participation in a Promotion if they do not comply with any of these Terms. This promotional offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- You must not be an employee of Lightyear.
- Signup Promotions are limited to one Promotion per customer who satisfies the requirements outlined in these terms (including referral signup promotions).
- This promotion will be governed by English law and, in participating, you submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Neither the Promotion or any share through the Promotion nor any mentions of particular securities in our communications as part of the Promotion represents a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any particular security.
- It’s in our full discretion to withdraw, remove or vary the Promotion at any time.
- Lightyear does not provide any investment advice and customers should make their own investment decisions or seek independent advice from a professional adviser. Nothing in this promotion represents a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any particular investment.
- You agree to receive marketing and product communications from us. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- The purpose of this Offer is to introduce Lightyear to new customers that wish to actively use the solutions provided by Lightyear. If Lightyear identifies abusive behaviour aimed to take advantage of this Offer contrary to the Offer’s purposes, Lightyear may disqualify such customers at any time from participation in the Offer. If your Offer has been deactivated due to abusive behaviour in the past, it will not be reactivated. If the Offer has already been granted in connection with abusive behaviour, Lightyear may revoke and remove the Offer reward from the customer's account.
- The entire value of the shares you may buy when sold may be subject to capital gains tax. You can check the value of each share when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen in the App.
- Any tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek professional advice from a tax professional.
Download the app and start investing now
Scan to download Lightyear
When you invest, your capital is at risk.
UK / English
Need some help?
Lightyear Financial Ltd is an appointed representative of RiskSave Technologies Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 775330). Lightyear Financial Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 12925823. Registered office 42-46 Princelet St, London E1 5LP, United Kingdom. Lightyear Financial Ltd can be found in Financial Conduct Authority Financial Services register under FRN 955739.
Lightyear Europe AS is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority (Finantsinspektsioon) under activity licence number 4.1-1/31. Lightyear Europe is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office at Volta 1, Tallinn 10412, Estonia.