Lightyear Refer a Friend Terms
- Lightyear’s Scheme is valid for current customers who have qualified for this scheme through the App and have successfully made a referral. These terms apply to the referrer who meets Lightyear’s Terms of Service.
- A referral under this Scheme can only be made to a new customer and they cannot be given to current or former Lightyear customers.
- The reward amount (Reward Share) is USD$10.00 which can only be used to claim the monetary value in a stock available on the Lightyear app at the time the reward is claimed. This may be a fraction of a stock.
- The Referrer and the Recipient will only receive the Reward Share provided the Recipient has successfully:
- used a referral link provided by a current Lightyear Customer;
- completed the onboarding process;
- completed the relevant FATCA documentation; and
- funded their account with the minimum amount in 5.
- The minimum amount to fund your account to claim the reward account is £1, USD$1 or EUR€1. Lightyear retains the right to increase or decrease this amount without prior notice.
- The referee must fund their Lightyear account before the deadline of the campaign using the referral link otherwise both the referrer and referee sacrifice the reward amount under this Scheme.
- The reward may take up to 5 days working days from the point the deposit is made by the Referee.
- The Reward Share is selected by the Referrer, in which both the Referrer and Referee receive the same stock.
- The Referrer can receive a maximum of 5 Reward Shares per calendar month.
- Successful referrals which qualify for a Reward Share cannot be “carried over” into subsequent months, they will simply lapse. Referrals are attributed to the month in which the customer uses the referral link, not the month in which they complete the steps which qualifies them for a free share (listed in point 4).
- The definitions of capitalised terms set out in the Lightyear’s Terms of Service will apply to this Scheme.
- A Customer will no longer be eligible for the scheme if they are no longer a Customer regardless of whether they have claimed the Reward Amount.
- Reward Shares are usually awarded within 5 days of qualifying, however this is not a guarantee and compensation will not be given if the Reward Share is awarded more than 5 days after qualifying.
- Lightyear does not provide any investment advice and customers should make their own decisions on investments or seek independent advice from a professional adviser. Nothing in this Scheme represents a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any particular security.
- Tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek advice from a tax professional.
- Lightyear reserves the right to alter, amend, extend, shorten or foreclose the Scheme at any time without prior notice for any customer. We will notify you about any changes to the Scheme and/or its conditions by updating the Scheme terms and we recommend that you check the Lightyear website regularly for any such updates.
- LY’s Reward Share referral program is valid for new qualifying customers, who have successfully opened and funded an account via a referral. The below terms apply to the referee, or “Recipient”, of the free share referral link.
- A referral can’t be accepted by an existing or previous LY customer.
- A free share is only awarded if the referred customer (“Recipient”) has successfully completed all of the below: - Used a referral pass to sign up (i.e. not just downloading the app directly), - Passed onboarding checks, - Filled in a W-8BEN form, and - Funded their account with at least £1.
- LY reserves the right to increase the minimum funding amount from £1 at any time and without prior notice.
- The Recipient must fund their LY account within 30 days of using the referral link otherwise the award lapses for both Sender and Recipient.
- If the Recipient closes their account before the free share is awarded, neither the Sender nor Recipient is eligible for a free share.
- If the Reward Share is sold, cash proceeds cannot be withdrawn until at least 30 days from the date the free share was awarded.
- Free shares are usually awarded within ten days of qualifying. This is not a guarantee and if the free share has not been awarded in the ten day timeframe, the Sender or Recipient must email firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation will not be given if a free share is awarded more than ten days after qualifying.
- Each referee is only eligible for one free share.
- The offer is only available where the Recipient customer is eligible and accepted as a LY customer. This applies to UK residents only.
- Neither receiving a share through this program nor any mentions of particular securities in our communications as part of this referral program represents a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any particular security.
- Receiving a free share may have tax implications for the recipient. LY does not take any responsibility for tax related to this share award.
- It’s in our full discretion to withdraw, remove or vary the free share offer at any time for any customer.
- LY does not provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions on what investments are right for them or seek independent advice.
- You agree to receive marketing and product communications from us. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- We will keep the person who referred you up to date on how far through the process you are, and will display your name in their account.
- Each Referrer is the actual sender of the referral they are making under this Scheme and must comply with any relevant laws. A referral must be created and distributed in accordance with an appropriate manner between friends, colleagues and family members. By making a referral the Referrer agrees they have the appropriate authority, permission and consent to do so. Bulk email distribution, referrals to strangers or any other use of the services in this scheme in manner that is not promoted is expressly prohibited and be grounds of immediate termination.
- Lightyear has no obligation to monitor the Scheme or any communications, however, Lightyear may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Scheme. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including the laws regarding the sending of unsolicited emails are required to indemnify Lightyear against any liabilities, costs, and expenses it incurs as a result of such unsolicited email.
- Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any log-in credentials and fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of them. Users agree to notify Lightyear immediately if they suspect unauthorised access to their account. Users agree that Lightyear will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorised use of their credentials.
- We reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Scheme at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to disqualify any User at any time from participation in the Program if they do not comply with any of these Terms.
- The Scheme is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- The entire value of the shares when sold may be subject to capital gains tax. You can check the value of each share when issued and/or sold on your portfolio screen in the App.
- Any tax depends on your personal circumstances and if you are unsure about any tax implications, seek professional advice from a tax professional.
- If you have any questions regarding this scheme, please email us at email@example.com
Get in touch
Lightyear Financial Ltd is an appointed representative of RiskSave Technologies Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 775330).
Lightyear Financial Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 12925823. Registered office 42-46 Princelet St, London E1 5LP, United Kingdom.
The Currency Cloud Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 for the issuing of electronic money (FRN: 900199).
Payment services are provided by The Currency Cloud Limited. Registered in England No. 06323311. Registered Office: Stewardship Building 1st Floor, 12 Steward Street London E1 6FQ.